Click the PIC for ALL AUTHOR INTERVIEWS

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jadeite Love!

Leave it to the the 1940s and 1950s to make the coolest kitchenware ever. From Pyrex to Fire King, vintage kitchen products have the style and colors I want for my kitchen.
Lately, I have been really into Jadeite.
So inspired, I made a tribute Betsy Ornament to the milky, mint green glass...
The sugar shaker and the salt and pepper shakers in the background of this photo are some pieces I picked out in a funky antique store in Brookings, OR when our family was on a beach vacation.
I'm pretty sure they are reproduction but I love them and they make me happy. I also made a Betsy with a yellow tutu
These are listed in the shop.
I also wanted to make an Etsy Treasury. Remember when treasuries were really hard to get? Back in the day, you had to wait by the computer, refreshing the page as the time ticked down and if you timed it just right, you would land a treasury. Now, you can make one any ol' time at all; which is pretty cool: Here's a peek of my Jadeite Treasury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool with your comments, yo!