Click the PIC for ALL AUTHOR INTERVIEWS

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Book Review: The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

I really, really love scary books. I can read very scary material but I can't watch scary movies. Isn't that unusual? Actually, my mind is very trustworthy-if something strikes me as scary in a book, my mind doesn't really dwell on it too long. I mean, there have been a few times where something grabbed my attention and I still think back on it long after I have read it.
This book was not that scary-in fact, I would say it wasn't scary at all. Mostly, it's a character study. The author took different personalities from all walks of life and through them together in a scary setting to see how they would interact with each other. It was a fun read. The ending was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool with your comments, yo!