Click the PIC for ALL AUTHOR INTERVIEWS

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

This book was a huge disappointment. It came very highly recommended and I was anticipating it being fantastic based on all the hype. They even made a show about it!
However, I plodded through this story. I felt like I was trudging through mud uphill just to slide down a little embankment (mildly fun) just to start trudging uphill again.
I guess it's just me because people ADORE this book. It was predictable and offensive--I really hate all the rape and male infatuation. Is she the only woman these men encounter? And if she's such a strong female protagonist, why is she so accepting of her fate to be raped?
There is literally no mind chat to the reader suggesting she is anything but okay with being raped!
I didn't love her and I wasn't attracted to the love interest so that being said, I read half of it and didn't finish-I just couldn't. (I bought it too, with my gift certificate) Poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool with your comments, yo!