Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Book Review: Grimly Jane by Elle Alexander

This was such a fun read! The story of Grimly Jane will be a timeless classic. I'm already looking forward to the sequel (hopefully a series?)
There are situations and life lessons that everyone can relate to. The characters come to life in your mind because they are shown to us through illustration and great writing. (I love all of their names too!)
I especially found that the narration had a nice, easy pace that wasn't too slow or too fast-but just right. It reads like a well written ghost story that I think parents who read out loud to their middle readers, will particularly enjoy.
I am an avid reader and my favorite author is Stephen King. For someone who truly understands and enjoys the literary "dark side" I especially loved the overall mood of this book which was highlighted nicely by the author's Tim Burton like illustrations. I recommend this to people of all ages, especially fans of childhood favorites like Alice and Dorothy and new classics like Neil Gaiman's Coraline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool with your comments, yo!