Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Books and Music

Books and Music. This was my photo prompt today. I can't begin to describe how much both of these things have made huge impacts on my life. I can't remember a time when I wasn't completely saturated in one or the other but rarely at the same time.
I think listening to music while I'm trying to read is super distracting.
Anyhoo,
I was just telling a friend the other day that if I'm very sick, like laid up on the couch with my chapstick and water and a pile of books on the coffee table, one thing that ALWAYS makes me feel better is to put one of the Lord of the Rings movies on--there is something so comforting about the soundtrack and the story and the familiar faces that just makes everything seem right with the world--even when you have a tummy ache!
This prompted me to do a Top Ten List of Movies to Watch When You're Sick:
(the criteria is story, comfort level, length of the film, soundtrack and ability to soothe)

1. LOTR Trilogy
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
3. Labyrinth
4. The Neverending Story
5. Lost in Translation
6. Fantasia 2000
7. Coraline
8. Beetlejuice
9. Rear Window
10. Spirited Away (or any Miyazaki film, really but especially that one)

What movies help you feel better when you're sick?
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be cool with your comments, yo!